2 tours - May 2022!
Escorted by Yvette Crossley
Yvette is offering 2 travel dates in May 2022:
- May 6th - 22nd, 2022 (Sold Out)
- May 27th - June 12th, 2022
This trip is for all textile enthusiasts and for those who want to have an in depth experience meeting the Moroccan people! Come and experience the ancient cities and beautiful landscapes of Morocco whilst supporting the women of Morocco. For the weaver and spinner, there is a hands on workshop carding and spinning camel and goat hair; for the knitter, there’s a workshop to learn how to make needle-weaving buttons unique to Morocco as well as a workshop to learn Moroccan embroidery techniques and for the quilter, there are endless quilt ideas through the textiles and mosaics you’ll see throughout the country. In Essaouira, there is an opportunity to learn tapestry crotchet which is the method used to make the colourful hats that men wear in Morocco. Come and join in on the fun as we explore this fascinating country!
Hands-on experiences and demonstrations:
- Natural dyeing demonstration
- Workshop carding and spinning camel and goat wool, then weaving on a traditional desert loom
- Moroccan embroidery workshop
- Needle weaving button workshop
- Basket weaving workshop
- Tapestry crochet workshop
- Tagine cooking class
- 17 days / 16 night tour - lots of time to enjoy Morocco!
- Visiting a weavers co-op and pottery co-op in Fes & the famous Fes tanneries
- Interacting and supporting various women’s co-operatives across Morocco
- Experience the sunset and sunrise over the Erg Chebbi dunes
- See the dramatic landscape of the Todra Gorge & visit the Valley of the Roses and Elaa M'gouna
- Visit the ancient Kasbah of Ait Benhaddou, where Indiana Jones, Gladiator and Lawrence of Arabia were filmed.
- Take a horse drawn calesh to Majorelle Gardens; see the private collection of Yves St. Laurent North African textiles, jewelry and carpets at the Berber Arts Museum
- Visit the seaside fortress of Essaouira
- Experience the bustling Djemaa el Fna with it’s singers, drummers, dancers & snake charmers
- Explore and shop in the famous Fes & Marrakech medinas—bring an extra suitcase or bag!
Yvette has been offering this tour since 2016. She has many wonderful testimonials and this is why one tour for 2022 has already sold out. Secure your spot today, connect with Yvette!