October 15-22, 2019
Fogo Island and St John's, Canada - Escorted by Michelle Sitbon
Part of the Art Voyage Collection
Fogo Island is a 25-km-long island located on Canada’s eastern shoreline and a must-visit destination for any art and travel lover. It is also a hidden paradise and creative hub where artists come to be deeply inspired by the scenic landscapes. This featured trip from our Art Voyage Collection will take you there.
Stay inside the iconic Fogo Island Inn, an artistic structure in itself that has attracted international acclaim for its unique design and location. The luxurious hotel is an integral part of Fogo Island’s culture and history. The 29-suite lodge is filled with furniture and fabrics handmade by local artisans.
While staying there we will attend talks and workshops by emerging and world-renowned artists who are invited to participate in Fogo Island Arts’ international artist residency program. A visit to the modern design artist’s studios which are embedded across the island's wild landscapes will leave you at awe.
This is an opportunity to visit this trendy, exclusive and remote resort visited by celebrities like David Letterman, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and and Gwyneth Paltrow who described it as heaven. Experience art and nature merge together unlike anything you have ever seen!
This tour includes a two-days visit to St. John’s and its surroundings all the way to the edge of the continent. The scenic small-town with its European-style charm, offers high-end shopping, award-winning restaurants and a vibrant art scene.
- Tour Fogo Island’s 11 distinct Outport Communities
- Architectural Tour of a place that is at once old and new
- Time with resident and visiting artists for workshops in a variety of media
- Tour the Fogo Island Furniture Shop and meet the talented carpenters
- Hike to Artist Studios designed by architect Todd Saunders
- Visit Winds and Waves Artisans Guild, and meet with local artisans
- Forage and Pick Berries with Fogo Island Inn’s culinary team
- Participate in the Fogo Island Partridge Harvest Festival